USE OUR SURFBOARD VOLUME CALCULATOR TO DIAL IN THE PERFECT FLOTATION FOR YOUR NEXT SURFBOARD
Our interactive surfboard volume calculator will help determine the best volume (in liters) by factoring your ability, age, fitness level and weight.
1. Choose your body weight by sliding the lefthand bar.
2. Next, slide the right-hand bar to the perfect volume for your new board by placing the red dot on your desired GF Ratio.
Recommended GF Shortboard Ratios:
– Advanced, extremely fit, high performance surfers: RANGE FROM .34gf to.36gf
– Typical fitness with average, to above average skills: RANGE FROM .36gf to .38gf
– Domesticated, lower fitness, desk jobs, and Weekend Warrior surfers: RANGE FROM .38gf to .42gf
– Novice surfers, or surfers with extremely small surf, thick wetsuits or adverse conditions: RANGE FROM .40gf TO .50gf (depending on age, ability and motivation)
*If you’re surfing in warm water and good waves, the lower end of the scale is recommended. If you’re surfing in poor conditions, looking for help in crowded situations, or wearing thick wetsuits, lean towards the higher end of the range that you fall into.